What we collect
Data collection on web.trailapp.com is split into two categories:
1. Trail Data
Data Trail collects that is required for general usage of our application:
- Email Address
- Password (this is one-way encrypted with no feasible way of decrypting)
- IP Address (of last time you logged in)
- Your role within your organisation (Team Member, Group Leader, Area Manager)
- The Trail location you are assigned to (where applicable) NOTE: This may be used to identify your place of work if you are only assigned to a single Trail location
- Any actions (and the time they were performed) within the Trail application (e.g. logging in, completing a task).
- The person who invited you to join Trail
- Any preferences they may have set in their account settings
2. Customer Data
Data our customers create as part of their usage of Trail. The type and volume can vary by organisation and location, however in general we record all data entered into the application at any time, including:
- Any text input
- Any clicks, drags, touches or swipes on your devices input
- Tasks, their titles and descriptions
- Task list items
- Form and data capture configurations
- Organisation structure, including locations and user hierarchies
- Any forms completed or searches performed
- Any tasks or list items completed
- Any information collected through our third-party integrations (this varies by configuration)
- Any uploaded files and media
Why we collect it and how we use it
Trail Data is collected primarily for the purposes of providing you with access to Trail and to customise the Trail experience for each user (based on their information and preferences). We also use Trail Data to provide personalised support and to improve our application by analyzing the data in third-party tools.
Customer Data is collected for the business purposes of each customer. We provide a set of tools to allow our customers to collect information as they require and we store and process it in line with agreed business needs. We also use Customer Data to provide personalised support, and to improve our application by analyzing behaviours using third-party tools.
How your data is shared
The Trail application is hosted on Heroku (https://www.heroku.com/home) in their EU region, which means all data is stored on AWS (https://aws.amazon.com) in their eu-west-1 region in Dublin, Ireland.
Data gathered in our application is sent for analytics and support purposes to Intercom (https://www.intercom.com/), Segment (https://segment.com/), Amplitude (https://amplitude.com/), Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com) and Full Story (https://www.fullstory.com/). Form widgets are powered by Typeform (https://www.typeform.com/); any data submitted on Typeform is stored by them and sent to us.
We never, under any circumstances sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will not share your personal information with the exception of the selected third-party tools outlined above, and always in a secure manner.
How long we hold your data
Trail will hold your data indefinitely, until you ask us to remove it, or you terminate your agreement with us.
To have your data removed from Trail you just need to provide us with a request in writing and we will process that request within 28 days.
In the event of termination, or if Trail needs to permanently delete customer data, we will give you 28 days written notice, and provide all of your data in CSV format at no charge before deleting it, should you want it. We reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for provision in any other format.
We use both persistent and session cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you end your browsing session, until either you or our application deletes them. Session cookies expire and are removed when you close your browser.
The Trail application is not permitted for use by anyone under the age of 13. Trail does not knowingly collect any personal identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
You have the right to access all the data Trail holds on your behalf. If at any point you would like to know what personal information we hold on you, to receive a copy of it, or to have your personal information removed from our systems please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the request and we will process your request within 28 days. The data will be provided in a standard CSV format.