Record Logs are an easy way to record data for everything that happens at site.
Record Log is the name given to the part of a task used to collect data. This is separate to the title, description and checklist. Read more on what makes up a task here.
Record Logs have 2 views:
- Form view, for entering data
- Table view, for reviewing data
Switch between the views using the buttons to the top-right of the Record Log.
A Record Log can have multiple Records for each task. Think of these like new rows on a table. (E.g. 3 rows of fridges)
Each Record is made up of a series of fields. Each field can be one of three types: Text, Number or Options.
- Text fields can record any amount of text.
- The size of the text box for entering data is restricted based on the device.
- All text recorded will be shown in the table view of the Record Log.
- Number fields can have prefixes (e.g. £) or suffixes (e.g. °C).
- Numbers can also have warnings for when the figure entered is outside of an acceptable range (e.g. 0 to 8°C).
- The acceptable range can be defined for the field itself or it can depend on what's entered in a dropdown in another field.
- E.g. If the option selected in field 2 is 'Freezer' then the range for field 3 is '-22°C to -18°C'
- Options fields allow the person entering data to select from a predefined dropdown list.
- A value must be entered for every Record of this field in the Record Log before the task can be completed.
- When a task is marked as done, data entered into this field will be remembered and auto-filled for future instances.
*It can take up to a few hours for entries to auto-fill future tasks.
- Data in this field can only be entered or edited by a Manager or Admin.
- If enabled, only managers and admins can add or delete entire Records from the Record Log.
- Set a minimum number of Records that the Record Log should show.
- Managers and Admins can overwrite this.
- If enabled, this removes the sidebar and table view from a Record Log and just shows the Form view with no option to add more than a single Record.
Creating and editing Record Logs
Record Logs are configured by the Trail Team.
To request a new Record Log get in touch with our support team via the in-app chat or email@example.com
To make a change to an existing Record Log, select the Record Log from the Task Edit page and select 'Request changes'. Enter the details of the requested change and submit.