Record Logs are an easy way to record data that can't be captured in a checklist e.g. fridge temperatures and names. This is separate to the title, description and checklist. Read more on what makes up a task here.
Record Logs have 2 views:
- Form view, for entering data
- Table view, for reviewing data
Switch between the views using the buttons to the top-right of the Record Log.
A Record Log can have multiple Records for each task. Think of these like new rows on a table. (E.g. 3 rows of fridges, for recording data on 3 different fridges)
Each Record is made up of a series of fields. Each field can be one of three types: Text, Number or Options.
- Text fields can record any amount of text.
- The size of the text box for entering data is restricted based on the device.
- All text recorded will be shown in the table view of the Record Log.
- Number fields can have prefixes (e.g. £) or suffixes (e.g. °C).
- Numbers can also have warnings for when the figure entered is outside of an acceptable range (e.g. 0 to 8°C).
- The acceptable range can be defined for the field itself or it can depend on what's entered in a dropdown in another field.
- E.g. If the option selected in field 2 is 'Freezer' then the range for field 3 is '-22°C to -18°C'
- Options fields allow the person entering data to select from a predefined dropdown list.
- A value must be entered for every Record of this field in the Record Log before the task can be completed.
- When a task is marked as done, data entered into this field will be remembered and auto-filled for future instances.
*It can take up to a few hours for entries to auto-fill future tasks.
- Data in this field can only be entered or edited by a Manager or Admin.
- If enabled, only managers and admins can add or delete entire Records from the Record Log.
- Set a minimum number of Records that the Record Log should show.
- Managers and Admins can overwrite this.
- If enabled, this removes the sidebar and table view from a Record Log and just shows the Form view with no option to add more than a single Record.
Editing Record Logs
Admins are able to make some changes yourself, including the number of records that are required, the name and whether the number of records is editable by everyone or just managers & admins.
Making changes to the record log will apply to all the tasks it's assigned to. This is displayed in the yellow box, so it's obvious when edits will apply to multiple tasks.
To make other changes to an existing Record Log, select the Record Log from the Task Edit page and select 'Request Field Changes'. Enter the details of the requested change on the form and submit.
Creating Record Logs
Record Logs are configured by the Trail Team.
To request a new Record Log get in touch with our support team via the in-app chat or email@example.com