Edits are made using the same task editor as when creating tasks. Once you hit the 'Save & Close' button, the speed at which your edits take place depends on the nature of the change and whether the task is in progress by your sites.
- Updates take effect immediately from today and for all future tasks
- Updates apply to all sites the task is assigned to
- Updates will not take effect on an individual task instance if a site has already interacted with that task - the update will be seen on the next instance of that task.
- Historical task instances will not be affected
- These rules apply to all parts of a task unless listed below
Tips & exceptions
Tasks that stretch multiple days:
- For content changes to tasks that stretch over multiple days, changes won't take effect until the next instance of the task. For example, changing the description on a weekly task won't take effect until next week.
- Changing the schedule of a task that stretches over multiple days will cause existing instances of the task to end on the current day. The new schedule will take effect from the next instance of the task based on the new schedule.
- Switching from 'Scheduled' to 'Ad-hoc' will remove today's task and future tasks from all sites
Updating assigned sites:
- De-selecting a single site will remove today's task (unless it's been interacted with) and all future tasks from that site
- De-selecting all sites will remove today's task (unless it's been interacted with) and all future tasks from all sites
- Updating the permission to be 'Manager & Admin only' will take effect immediately across all sites the task is assigned to.
- This will also take effect for tasks in the past and will prevent Team Members viewing historical instances of this task.
- Updating tags will take effect immediately across all sites even if a task has been started by a site.
- This will also take effect for tasks in the past and on the insights dashboard.
- Updating the notification settings will take effect immediately across all sites even if a task has been started by a site.