What is time stamping?
Time and date stamping are places on a task that show when something was completed or updated. There are three main places for this on a task:
- An overall task completed time stamp at the top
- A time stamp for any submitted checklist items
- A time stamp for any record log entries
When is a task time stamped?
- The Task itself is only timestamped when it’s completed
- The Task Completion timestamp has no relation to the Record Log timestamp
- The time stamping will show the last time that it was submitted, meaning that if a task is submitted and then reopened, it will show the latest of those times
Impacts of editing Record Logs
- Each Record Log row is timestamped individually - adding, editing, or deleting one row will not affect the timestamp of any other
- Making any change to any field on a row will update the timestamp for that row to the current time
How does the time stamping change if someone goes back onto the record?
- Going back to a Record Log after it’s been filled in and making any change to a row, even if the Task has been completed and reopened, will update the timestamp for that row to the current time
How does offline mode affect time stamping?
- The timestamp is taken from the time on the device
- Once you go back online, the data is synced and will show the time that the task or record log was completed offline
- It will not change to the time that you go back online