Admins & Managers can invite, edit and remove users. More on Roles & Permissions.
Note: please contact Support to edit an existing user's email address, including your own.
- Invite User - user will receive an invitation email and set their own password. Useful in most cases.
- New User - set a password when creating the user, who will not receive an invitation. Useful for setting up users before they are ready to start using Trail.
To invite a new user to join your company, select the ‘Invite User’ button, enter the user’s details and set responsibilities.
- Admins have access to the entire organisation
- Managers can be assigned to an area or single site
- Team members must be assigned to a single site
More on roles and permissions.
When you’re happy, select ‘Send Invite’ and the new user will be sent a 'Welcome to Trail' email with instructions to create a password and log in to their account.
To set up new users without sending out email invites choose ‘New User’
This is useful if you want to set up a few Trail accounts before giving out access at another time, or if you want to manage passwords for everyone.
If you’ve set up the account as a Manager or Team member, you’ll need to assign a Site or Area.
You'll then need to send passwords and instructions to login at http://web.trailapp.com
Editing user access
- Go to the users tab and select the user you want to edit
- Change the role of access from the drop down lists
If you ever need to delete a user from your account, find the user in your list of users and simply select the small green x icon to the right of their name.
You’ll be asked to confirm and then the user will no longer have access to Trail.