In Trail, everything revolves around Sites. A Site might be a Location, Property or Unit - usually a distinct physical area with its own processes and reporting.
Task and Users are assigned to Sites, and tags are often used to organise them into Departments within a Site (eg. Kitchen, Front-of-House etc).
- Admins can create & manage all Sites, including Statuses
- Managers can update the details and business hours at their own Site(s). They can't change the Site Status.
- Teams don't have access to Site settings
The site status influences whether tasks can be assigned, completed, reported on. It also affects the subscription cost
The status is changed in the settings header
A site can be in one of 5 statuses
Every organisation gets a Demo Site to test tasks and train teams. It's not included in reports and is completely free.
Tasks and Users can be assigned, but tasks won’t appear until a live date is set. It's not included in reports, and is completely free until it goes live.
Setup - e.g. 6 days to launch
A live date has been set. Tasks are created and can be tested ahead of going live. It's not included in reports and is free until the live date.
Tasks are created, the results are saved and the site is scored in reports. It's included in the subscription count.
An old Site that's no longer in use. Historical data is always available. Tasks and Users can't be assigned, and it's not included in the subscription count.
The Site is permanently deleted, together with its historical records.
In the majority of cases, your subscription cost is based on the number of Live Sites. There's more on Subscriptions & Billing here.
A site's business hours is managed in its settings. From here, certain weekdays can be closed, or specific dates closed. Closing days doesn't pause the subscription. There's more on Business Hours here
Assigning tasks to a new Site
- Filter the Manage Task page by the Site you want to copy from - use the filters in the top left corner
- Select one, two, three or all tasks you want to assign to the new Site
- Use the bulk assign function in the top right of the Manage Task page to assign to your new Site
- This won't remove them from your old Site, it just adds them to your new Site